Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Exxxtacy Chicago 2010 - Days 2-3

Wow! Saturday was the busiest day by far at the Exxxtacy Convention in Chicago. From the time the doors opened at 1pm until they closed at 10 the floor was covered in fans, hotchicks and pornstars baring their breasts in all their glory. It had been made clear to several people what was all right to show at the convention and what was not, and boobies were definitely on the okay to show list, so from the second I walked in on Saturday I was surrounded by gorgeous breasts. Sea J Raw even spent the majority of the day in only her underwear and was giving fans topless lap dances in her booth. A very cool idea I may have to keep in mind for a later convention. :)

My table on Saturday was right next to the amazing Lexi Belle. She is the sweetest and cutest girl ever! I really liked hanging out with her over the run on the con and would definitely love to work with her if the occasion should arise. As I said, Saturday was insanely busy. I met a large amount of fans from all different walks of life but there are a few that stick out in my mind. A fan named Greg walked past my table looking as though he were bored out of his mind so I started up a conversation with him about the differences between this convention and other conventions I had been to. Of course, there was more nudity at Exxxtacy then Wizard World or C2E2, but we both agreed, having seen the crowds at those conventions, that was probably for the better. As we talked, another fan came by and question whether I was really a Star Trek fan or just wore the shirt to draw attention. Now this man was a full blown Trekkie. I like Star Trek and all but I have not memorized the titles of all of the episodes, nor could I tell you what George Takei's tour schedule from memory. But I adore a good geek among the masses. There is only so long I can talk about T&A before I long for a conversation high in nerdy goodness. I even met a fan who was wearing a Netherlands soccer jersey and we talked about the World Cup for a while. They played wonderfully this year and I think I'll be rooting for them when Euro 2012 rolls around.

I also spent a large amount of the day chatting with the event staff. As I had mentioned before, the event staff for Exxxtacy was amazing. They were very mindful of the drunks. Whenever I started to have a problem with a drunk who was starting to get a little too out of control of was just verging on the clingy side, I could literally turn around and give the event staff a glance that told them to get his person away from me. They were also extremely great about just letting the boobies and sexual content fly. It's a convention based around sex so there is no reason to rein it in if everyone else there is cool with it. One of the security guards even said they walked in on Ron Jeremy getting head in the back room TWICE from fan girls and just turned around and let it be. I even had a crew of the event staff that would walk me outside when I needed a break so that I wouldn't have to deal with too many random drunk people. I think they just liked the idea of being outside on a paid break but I can't blame them :) Thank you to Cody and the rest of the wonderful event staff!

Sunday was a slower day by far. It was not as slow as Friday had been, but it was an early day so the crowd didn't really pick up until about 2pm, after the event had been open for 3 hours already. Much of the talent did not show up again on Sunday so that left a big hole in the show. It was the most relaxed day of the event though. There was no rush to get fans to your booth and then get them away so you could talk to the next person standing there. I remember the day being full of long conversations and tons of great jokes. I spent a long time talking with Scott Church, a wonderful photographer from Pennsylvania, about the acceptability of violence versus sex in the US. It as always seemed interesting to me that it's okay to show gruesome car accidents and murders all over the news but bare breasts are just out of the question. Weird how something we have all seen in person is something we are no allowed to see on TV. I am not saying let your kids watch porn, but there is not reason to hide the human form, in good taste, and then turn around and be perfectly fine showing your kids Saw 4. But I digress.

I also had a wonderful conversation with Jim Powers of Immoral Productions about the Premiere League and European Football firms. It was great to hear stories about how he and Dan Leal had been stuck in a cage with the visiting team's firm on accident once. I don't think it came to any violence, but I wouldn't want to be stuck there on accident, just saying.

Overall the convention went extremely well and i would love to see it in Chicago again next year. to everyone who stopped by and said hi, thank you. I appreciate it. I hope to see you all again soon.


OH! And if anyone missed it, here's the video from the Ron Jeremy/Sunny Lane foot incident the day before :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner